Stay up to date with current news and exciting new projects by visiting our site.
Book Spec Inc. is currently looking to hire for the following full-time position:
Key Responsibilities and Skills Required
- Interpret architectural, engineering and interior design plans and prepare material lists and specifications to be used as standards by Contractors related to building construction activities.
- Analyze plans and details or diagrams, observe and make notes on materials to prepare specifications for construction activities.
- Write technical descriptions specifying material qualities and properties, utilizing knowledge of material standards, construction processes or manufacturing procedures.
- Conduct quality reviews of construction documents while researching and preparing specifications.
- Be aware of current products on the market, assisting in maintaining and developing the firm library of catalogs.
- Prepare project manuals including general conditions with an acute familiarity with contract documents and different forms of contract.
- Coordinate and orchestrate progress and bid set printing orders and assuring that documents are ready for printing, signing, sealing and distribution.
- Candidate must have architectural technology or another construction‐related field diploma, as a minimum. Computer skills that are essential include MS Word, Excel and familiarity with Revit is also preferred.
- Candidate must have worked in prior building construction settings, including but not limited to architecture firms, architecture‐engineering firms, and construction management or specification consulting or program management firms.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, working with others in a team setting, and be able to communicatedirectly with clients.
- Candidate must have experience working on multiple projects at the same time
- LEED AP and/or any CSC level of certification are a plus
Please contact us through our website if you are interested in applying for the above position.
Include your up to date contact information, and a copy of your current resume. Eligible candidates will be contacted.